VISITING SAN DIEGO/HOTELS
San Diego – is the seventh largest city in the United States, with 1.2 million residents. The population of the city and San Diego County combined is nearly 3 million, and Tijuana adds nearly 1.5 million more. San Diego County stretches from Orange County (the southern Los Angeles-Anaheim area) to the Mexican border.
Military Presence – San Diego County includes Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Camp Pendleton and Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, as well as Naval Station San Diego, Naval Air Station North Island, Naval Amphibious Base Coronado (home of Navy SEAL training), Submarine Base Pt. Loma, Space & Naval Warfare Systems, Balboa Naval Hospital, Fleet Training Center San Diego and many other large commands. More than 50 submarines and surface ships call this their home port. Marine Corps Air Station Yuma (Ariz.) is just 120 miles to the east.
San Diego’s international and commercial airport is Lindbergh Field, located near downtown and Marine Corps Recruit Deport San Diego.
The City of San Diego operates two general aviation airports:
- Montgomery Field is just a few miles south of MCAS Miramar via I-15. It has a 4,600-ft. lighted runway, a parallel 3,400-ft. runway and a 3,400-ft. crosswind runway. The tower is open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Brown Field is a general aviation airport with an 8,000-ft. runway. It’s a port-of-entry for private aircraft coming into the United States through Mexico.
• View the County of San Diego’s eight general aviation airports.
• View the award-winning City of San Diego’s Website
• View the San Diego Tourist Authority Website
• View the San Diego Chamber of Commerce Website
Click the hotel image below to view their special air show rates!